- GateManager Own - Datalogging Scenarios
- LogTunnel Scenarios
- SiteManager Embedded Scenarios
- SiteManger Scenarios
DCM config (JSON) General
This Article explains the use and options of JSON formatted config file for Data Collection Module.
Its intended as a reference sheet for the config file creator / maintainer.
General information about the config file.
- ConfigName (string, mandatory). Unique name for this configuration file. Follows the rules for names.
- ConfigDescription (string, optional) text describing this configuration.
- CheckpointInterval (integer == 0 or >= 60, optional). The interval with which all data from the internal datasample cache is saved to disk. This more unstable (power) the SiteManager, the more often data should be saved. Saving it often, however will also cost performance and wear on the hard-disk/flash. A value of 0 means, never checkpoint, otherwise it means interval in seconds between saves. If not specified the value 15 * 60 (15 minutes) is used.
- AlarmsSaved (integer >= 4, optional). The number of alarms saved in the store-and-forward database. If this values is not specified, it will default to 32.
- WaitForNTP (boolean, optional). Synchronize DCM data collection with NTP time. If this parameter is true, all DCM collectors will not begin collecting data until NTP is enabled and configured and NTP has synchronized date/time. If not specified, the value is true.
Since the JSON format itself doesn't define a comment notation, DCM accepts a fieldname comment with any type of value in any section.
There is a concept of a sampleref, which is a string uniquely identifying a sample. The format is CollectorName:SampleName, where the CollectorName: part is optional and the CollectorName used will be the one given by the context. Some contexts does not provide any CollectorName, so here it is mandatory.
Config file schema
"ConfigName": "Name the entire config",
"ConfigDescription": "Describe the entire config",
REPLACE THE ENTIRE RED SECTION WITH YOUR COLLECTOR TYPE
"Samplepoint 1": "Values for the tags/samplepoints"
REPLACE THE ENTIRE BLUE SECTION WITH YOUR DATASERVER TYPE