- GateManager Own - Datalogging Scenarios
- LogTunnel Scenarios
- SiteManager Embedded Scenarios
- SiteManger Scenarios
Siemens S7 collector
The Collectors (array of objects, mandatory) list elements contains the following fields:
- CollectorName (string, mandatory) which is unique name (within this confguration file) of a device to collect data from. (This is the name used in the agent configuration). Follows the normal rules for names.
- CollectorDesription (string, optional) description of this collector.
- CollectorIPAddr (string, optional) provides a default IP address (or DNS name) for the device to be polled. The agent Target IP address will take precedence over this.
- CollectorPortno (integer > 0 and < 65535, optional) provides the default port number for the device to be polled. The agent Target Port number will take precedence over this. If neither CollectorPortno , nor agent Target Port Number is specified, the appropriate port will be used, depending on the Protocol parameter value.
- Alias (string, optional). This is the CollectorName of another collector, from which, all the parameters (expect CollectorName , CollectorDescription , CollectorIPAddr and CollectorPortno ) are copied from. An alias cannot refer to another alias.
- Protocol (string-enum, mandatory) the protocol used to collected data. Currently 6 possible values exists: "OPC-UA/TCP", "Modbus/TCP", "S7/TCP", "Http/GET", "Simulator" and "Internal".
- ConnectRetryMin (integer > 0, mandatory) Minimum number of seconds before trying to reestablish a connection to the device being sampled. An exponential backoff algorithm is used to retry connection establishment, starting after ConnectRetryMin and increasing to ConnectRetryMax .
- ConnectRetryMax (integer > 0, mandatory) Maxumin number of seconds before trying to reestablish a connection to the device being sampled.
- S7Access (Object, optional) collection of parameters needed to access a given S7/TCP server.
- SamplePoints (Array of objects, mandatory) List of samples to be collected, possibly aggregated and stored in the Store'n'Forward database.
The S7Access object contains the following elements:
- S7Model (string-enum, mandatory). The PLC model/type. The supported values are "S7-200", "S7-300" and "S7-1200".
- S7Rack (Integer >= 0 and <= 7, optional). The Rack number for this unit. If not present, the value 0 is used.
- S7Slot (Integer >= 0 and <= 31, optional). The Slot number for this unit. If not present, the values 1 is used.
- S7ConnectionType (string-enum, optional). The connection type used by this collector. The supported values are "PG", "OP" and "APP". If not present, the value "OP" is used.
- S7Timeout (Integer > 0, optional). The default timeout (in millisecs) for all S7 requests. If not present, the value 3000 is used.
- S7LocalTSAP (Integer >= 0 and <= 65536, optional) The local protocol TSAP value needed to access the S7 server. If not present, 256 is used.
The SamplePoints objects contains the following elements:
- SampleName (string, mandatory) Name of this sampled value (sometimes called a tagname). Follows the normal rules for names.
- SampleDescription (string, optional) is a text description of this sample value.
- SampleUnit (string, optional) is a description of the unit of messurement for this sample.
- SampleGroup (string, optional) designates (in some datasrvs) that all samplepoints in that group should be handled (displayed) together. The DCM system itself places no meaning on this group affiliation.
- SamplesSaved (integer >= 0, optional) is the number of values collected that is saved in the Store'n'Forward database even after the values have been sent to all dataservers. When 0 is specified, the value can be used in aggregators. but nothing is sent via dataservers to cloud system. If left unspecified, values are only saved in the Store'n'Forward database until they have been delivered to all dataservers.
- SampleDBPriority (integer >= 0 and <= 100, optional) is the priority for data for this sample. When DCM is unable to deliver data to the cloud system(s) (via the dataserver(s)), the Store-and-Forward DB is used to save the data. This database can run full, and DCM then has to decide which data to drop and which to keep. Data with a higher priority will kept over data with lower priority. If not set, the value 0 (lowest priority) is used.
- OnlySaveOnChanged (bool, optional) control is new sample values should only be saved to the store-and-forward database if the values have changed since last sample. If not set, it is false.
- ChangeLimit (integer/double, optional). Only used if OnlySaveOnChanged is true. This describes a limit for what "changed" means. If a new sample value is this amount less or more than the previous sample value, it is considdered the "same" value. This is a simple hysteresis to filter out inaccurate (jitter) measurements.
- SampleDataType (string-enum, mandatory) is the type of data collected. The possible values are: "bool" (1 bit), "sbyte" (8 bit signed), "byte" (8 bit unsigned), "int16" (16 bit signed), "uint16" (16 bit unsigned), "int32" (32 signed), "uint32" (32 bit unsigned), "int64" (64 bit signed), "uint64" (64 bit unsigned), "float" (32 bit), "double" (64 bit), "string" (variable text up to 24575 bytes. Includes terminating NUL), "data" (variable data up to 24575 bytes). Note that Modbus samples cannot be of type "string".
- SampleMaxVDataSize (integer > 0 and <= 24575, optional) is the max size of variable data enforced for this sample. This is only relevant for SampleDataType "string" or "data". If not specified, the value is 1024.
- SampleLowerLimit (integer/double, optional) Is the lower limit for the collected data. If the collected data value is less than SampleLowerLimit it is discarded.
- SampleUpperLimit (integer/double, optional) Is the lower limit for the collected data. If the collected data value is more than SampleUpperLimit it is discarded.
- SampleLimitDiscard (bool, maybe-optional). Controls if a sample limit violation results in the sample value being discarded. Mandatory if either SampleLowerLimit or SampleUpperLimit is present.
- SampleLimitAlarm (bool, maybe-optional). Controls if a sample limit violation generates an alarm. Mandatory if either SampleLowerLimit or SampleUpperLimit is present.
(object, maybe-optional) is a description of how to address a specific datavalue from an S7 server. Mandatory of the protocol type is "S7/TCP".
The S7Var object contains the following fields:
- S7PLCVar (String, mandatory). This is absolute address of an S7 PLC variable using the S7 international syntax.
- S7SampleInterval (integer >= 0, mandatory). The number of seconds between each sample of this S7 variable. If the interval is 0, only eventdriven polling is used.
- S7Timeout (Integer > 0, optional). Timeout (in millisecs) for reading this S7 variable. If not present, the S7Timeout value from S7Access is used.
The S7 PLC variable absolute address syntax is as follow:
can one of the following strings:
• "I" or "E" for Digital input.
• "Q" or "A" for Digital output.
• "AI" or "AE" for Analog input.
• "AQ" or "AA" for Analog output.
• "M" for internal memory.
• "SM" for special memory. (Only for S7-200).
• "DB" for data block.
• "DI" for indirect data block.
• "L" for local variables (Corresponds to DB2 area).
• "V" for global variables (Corresponds to DB1 area).
• "C" or "Z" for counters (For S7-200 this is the IEC Counter type).
• "T" for timers (For S7-200 this is the IEC Timer type).
while DBNO is only used if AREA is "DB" or "DI".
TYPE can be one of the following strings:
• "B" for byte (unsigned 8bit value)
• "C" for char (signed 8bit value)
• "W" for word (unsigned 16bit value)
• "WI" or "WINT" for word (signed 16bit value)
• "D" for doubleword (unsigned 32bit value)
• "DI" or "DINT" for double word (signed 32bit value)
• "R" for real (IEEE floating point 32bit value)
• "X" or "" for bit (1bit value)
BYTEOFFSET is the offset within the AREA, where this value starts. It is a decimal number between 0 and 16777215.
If the TYPE is "X" (or ""), an additional BITPOS is used to designate which bit within the BYTEOFFSET is addressed. BITPOS is a digit between 0 and 7.
"CollectorDescription": "S71500 example",
"SampleDescription": "DB1500DState0 S7",