- GateManager Own - Datalogging Scenarios
- LogTunnel Scenarios
- SiteManager Embedded Scenarios
- SiteManger Scenarios
LinkManager 7 basics
This article will provide information on how to create a LinkManager user in the GateManager, install and setup LinkManager and how to use LinkManager to connect to agents.
Windows PC with internet connection
LinkManager installation file
|LinkManager 7 (32bit)||7.4.18025||exe|
|LinkManager 7 (64bit)||7.4.18025||exe|
What is LinkManager ?
LinkManager is an application that you install on your computer in order to connect to devices on remote locations.
What are the LinkManager key features ?
- Supports both 32 and 64 bit Windows
- “VPN-like” access to equipment
- Access to web-enabled devices
- Access to Remote Desktop (VNC/RDP)
- Access to USB and Serial devices
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 tunneling access
- Browser operated
- Work inside virtual machines as Vmware, ESXI or Hyper-V
What type of licenses are there ?
- Floating license - This is for LinkManager and can be shared by unlimited amount of users - however only one user can be using the license actively at the time.
- Personal License - this is is for LinkManager Mobile and is bound to 1 user.
Basic setup and usage
The following will explain how to create a user, setup and login to the LinkManager web GUI.
When logged in to the GateManager select the
tab, and select the
icon to create a new account.
Fill in the following information.
The user will now receive an email sent to the email-address specified in the previous step, it contains a certificate and a link to download the LinkManager client.
Save the certificate to your PC.
Download and install the LinkManager software and follow the instructions in the installation software.
Do note that the LinkManager software will install a virtual network adapter, you do not need to make any changes to this network adapter.
- Do note that the LinkManager software will install a virtual network adapter, you do not need to make any changes to this network adapter.
When the installation is done and you press "Finish" - the LinkManager icon will show in the lower right corner of the task bar, it will show as yellow while it is starting up the application
The LinkManager will take a few moments to start and once started the Icon will be green with a red line and your default browser will open the LinkManager web GUI.
You can also find the linkmanager in your Windows Start Menu and start it via the shortcut icon.
- You can also find the linkmanager in your Windows Start Menu and start it via the shortcut icon.
Go to the LinkManager website that opened and press "Choose file" - navigate to the location where you saved the certificate, select the certificate and press "Open".
In the "Password" field enter the password chosen when the user was created and then press "Install"
You will now be asked to "Login" - type the password again and press "Login"
Now you will be able to see all available SiteManagers to the right.
If you are a Domain Administrator, you will also be able to see the sub domain folders in the left side by pressing the "+" next to the root domain name.
It is possible to connect to all agents connected to a specific SiteManager at once via the “connect all” function.
You can also connect to agents individually by pressing the "+" next to the sitemanager and then clicking on the agent you want to connect to.
Do note that you can see offline agents by pressing the "Show All" button.
Once you press "Connect all" or an agent, you can then connect to the IP of the device via the browser or custom software for the device.
Once done you can press the "Disconnect" button to return to the previous page or "Logout" to end the session and free up the LinkManager License.
With the Sniffer button you can see what ports are in action.