2. Use a standard Ethernet cable to connect the SiteManager’s Ethernet Uplink/Uplink1 port to your local network. Often the same switch as your PC.
3. Start the Appliance Launcher program, if the SiteManager does not appear immediately; press the Search button repetitively until the SiteManager appears.
4. Click Next to get to the LAN/DEV1 configuration page. For now, we do not need to do anything here. We can configure this remotely via the LinkManager later if needed.
5. Click Next to enter the WAN/UPLINK page. Since we assume the SiteManager to be connected to your corporate network, you can leave the setting to DHCP, and it will automatically get an IP address and a default gateway from your corporate DHCP server.
6. Click Next to enter the WAN2/UPLINK2 page. This is only used for con-figuring a broadband or WiFi Uplink.
Hint: If you already now have decided to use the 3G/GPRS option, you should just enter the Pin code of the SIM card here. Note that you can always enter this information via the SiteManager web GUI later.
IMPORTANT: The information to enter in this screen is found in the email you received from the GateManager with the GateManager Certificate.
For the GM Appliance Name you should decide a meaningful name, such as the location of the SiteManager. For example SiteA
If the SiteManager has received a DHCP assigned IP address, and ei-ther port 11444, 443 or 80 are allowed Internet access with SSL/TLS encryption by the network firewall, the SiteManager will now connect to the GateManager.