- Follow the How to login to LinkManager 8, once logged in this is how the LinkManager 8 Portal looks like in Google Chrome.
- Click on the 2 green arrows in the lower left corner.
- The browser will now try to detect LinkManager 8.
- Because LinkManager 8 is not installed, it will show a message that “LinkManager not running!”. Click “Install LinkManager” button to download the installer.
- Once it has finished downloading, run the installer file.
Note: you will require administrative rights to run the installer file, but not to run LinkManager 8 after is has been installed
- Click ”Next” on the Welcome to LinkManager Setup window.
NOTE: if you already have LinkManager 7 installed follow the "Installing LinkManager 8 with LinkManager 7 already installed" - this covers step 6 to 10 in this guide.
- Read the License Agreement, then select “I Agree” to continue the installation.
- On “Choose Install Location” it shows where the LinkManager will be installed and it can be changed if necessary. Click “Install” to continue.
- The installation will now start.
- LinkManager 8 will now complete the installation process, once it is done, click on “Close”.
- Click on “Start LinkManager”.
Note: Chrome might auto detect that LinkManager is installed, in this case go to step 12.
- Google Chrome will now ask if you want to open "Secomea LinkManager Tray", click the "Open Secomea LinkManager Tray" button.
- When the LinkManager Tray has been opened, click on “Retry”.
- Once detected by Chrome, LinkManager 8 will return you to the GateManager portal.
- In the GateManager window it will show “LinkManager: Ready” in the lower left corner.
- You can click the following link to learn how to use LinkManager 8.
NOTE: you can now use LinkManager 8 in any browser on your PC.