LinkManager 8 now includes a easy to use troubleshooting tool.
The tool is, among other things, able to check if your machine is able to run LinkManager 8, if the LinkManager 8 software is up to date and if the LinkManager 8 software is running.
LinkManager Service Startup and Detecting tool.
- To open the LinkManager 8 Troubleshooting tool, click on the icon in the lower left corner on the GateManager Window.
- The LinkManager Service Startup and Detection windows will look like this.
- Click on “Troubleshoot” to open it.
- If it detects any issues, it will mark it with them like shown below.
- Checking the Operation System.
The LinkManager Service is only available for Microsoft Windows platform.
- Checking if LinkManager is installed.
If LinkManager 8 is not installed you can click on “Install LinkManager” or the link “Here” to download the installer.
Note: To learn how to install LinkManager 8 follow our guides for "Google Chrome", "Microsoft Edge" or "Mozilla Firefox", by clicking the links.
- When LinkManager 8 have been installed, it will be marked on as can be shown below.
- Checking if LinkManager 8 is running.
If the LinkManager isn’t running, click the “Start LinkManager”. The LinkManager Service can’t run if LinkManager 7 is running.
If you have LinkManager 7 also installed then read our guide using LinkManager 8 while having LinkManager 7 installed.
- When the Service have been started, it will be marked on as can be shown below.
- Popup windows.
You might have to enable popups in your browser to be able to download and detect the LinkManager Service. Below you can find links to guide on how to enable popups.
- How to Disable blocking popups:
Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4026392/windows-block-pop-ups-in-microsoft-edge
Note: set it to OFF instead of ON.
- Web Proxy.
If a Web Proxy is being used, follow the instruction in the troubleshooter to set it up.
- Web Proxy Certificate
If the Web Proxy are using a certificate, it must allow the GateManagers Certificate-based Authentication. Contact your Web Proxy administrator.
- Other steps
This part gives a few more things that can be tried, to get LinkManager to run.
Hitting F5, if LinkManager is Off and “Retry” doesn’t work.
Stopping and restart the LinkManager Service.