This guide will explain how to enable the "Telnet" button in LinkManager.
- First login to the LinkManager and find the SiteManager you want to access (guide here) and then click the "SiteManager GUI" button
- Click the "Edit" button to the right of "5. Device agents" in the list.
- If you have an already existing agent you want to enable Telnet for click the "Parameter details" button, else follow the "Getting Started Guide" to learn how to create an agent.
- in the "Extra GTA Service field type "telnet,23" and then click save.
- Refresh the LinkManager view.
- Select the agent and you now have the "Telnet" Button, if you click the light bulb you can choose which action happens upon clicking the "Telnet" button.
- If you connect to the agent via the "Connect" button you need to click the "i" icon and click the Telnet (PuTTY) button - this will connect you to the IP on port 23.
- Clicking the "Telnet (PuTTY)" button and the PuTTY program will open.