This article will provide information on how to setup a SiteManager XX29, XX39 and XX49
A SiteManager unit.
A Windows PC that can access the GateManager that is going to be used.
A USB Key to place the configuration file on.
What is a SiteManager ?
SiteManager is the hardware (or software) that you place in your remote location where you would want to gain access to a device. Its easy to set up, easy to use and and easy to configure both remote and locally.
What are the power requirements of the SiteManager ?
SiteManager must be fed 12 - 24V DC, power should be applied to the GND and +V terminals only it is also recommended to connect the earth ground in order to reduce interference of noise.
The official power voltage tolerance for the SiteManager is 5% tolerance. (25.2V).
Basic setup and usage
Initial setup guide.
- Login to the GateManager and press the root folder of the domain that you wish for the SiteManager to be part of.
- In the right hand side click the USB icon next to the "Domain token:" field.
- GateManager will open the window seen below - fill out the "Appliance Name:" - you can also fill out the other fields if you already know what they are going to be.
- Click the "Create" button - and save the file - after that copy it to the root of your USB stick.
- Power on the SiteManager and wait for "POWER" to have a permanent green light and "STATUS" to have a permanent red light.
- Insert the USB stick into one of the USB slots and wait "STATUS" led to start blinking, then remove the USB stick.
- When both the "POWER" and "STATUS" have a green light your SiteManager is ready to be used.
- It will show up in GateManager with the Appliance Name you gave it and have a green checkmark.
- The SiteManager is now ready to be used.