This article will provide information about how to reset a Secomea Appliance
This guide will show you how to reset a Secomea Appliance to factory default.
From November 2017 a reset button has been introduced on SM11xx and SM33xx hardware Sitemanager.
Pressing the switch for less than 5 seconds will make the SM reboot.
If the switch is pressed for more than 5 seconds, settings will be reset
to factory defaults as well (after the reboot).
Note:During power up the red status LED must have started blinking before the switch is
pressed; if pressed too early, the SM may hang and need to be re-powered.
To reset a Secomea appliance like a TrustGate or a SiteManager you will need to connect a computer to the appliance using the serial interface. If you have the password to the appliance you can reset the appliance from the WEB GUI Maintenance menu and don't need to follow these instructions.
Resetting an appliance will clear all configurations and you will need to re-configure the unit from scratch.
The default user name is admin and default password is admin.
Hint! If in case you have use the Appliance Launcher for configuring the Ap-pliance the password might have been set to MAC address like:
00:00:24:CA:CB:D1 ( all capital letters and separated by colon “:”)
All other SiteManagers
1. Power your PC and the appliance off.
2. Connect the PC and the appliance’s DB-9 interface with the null-modem cable.
3. Power your PC and the appliance on.
4. Start HyperTerminal or similar program. (for example PuTTY)
5. Set the communication parameters: See figures below
6. If a prompt (>) does not appear on the screen, press Enter
a. NOTE: If a serial agent is configured on the SiteManager, the console messages on the COM port are “muted” (aka “ConMute”). To activate the console menu in the terminal, press the Ctrl key, while you type kkk . The three k’s have to be typed fast after each other (within one second). Try a couple of times if you do not succeed immediately. You should then get this screen
7. Type reset , followed by Enter
8. Type Yes ( to confirm), followed by Enter
9. Type reboot , followed by Enter
10. Close the session
11. Power off and disconnect the cable