This article will walk you through how to connect to a Pro-Face device over Ethernet.
At the download section you will be able to download our documentation that will go into details about how to connect to a Pro-Face device using both Ethernet, USB and Serial.
Connecting to Pro-Face device.
- Go to Transfer settings and make sure the following settings are set
- Communication port settings: LAN
- Port(Search): 8000
- Go to transfer tool and choose “Send project”
- Select your device and click “OK”
Tips and tricks
- If you are using the panel PFX SP5B40, you might encounter the agent status is DOWN, even if the agent is configured correctly, and the device connected.
The reason for this is, that this panel (and possible others) doesn’t reply to PING packets (ICMP), so the SiteManager cannot detect the device. In this case, just flag the agent with the “Always On” paramter (-on).
- The AGP3300 series (and possible more) have USB TypeA and with Proface USB cable “CA3”, you can use the SiteManager to program this panel series.
- GP4400 (and possible more) have USB miniB and with a simple USB TypeA-miniB cable, you can use SiteManager program this panel series.
- Regarding USB interface:
- using Proface USB CA3 cable, everything is working even with a fairly high latency, including the monitor function. Tested with GM4401ww and RTT=350ms.
- using the USB TypeA-miniB, a GM4303T works with GP-Pro4.0.
- If there is a problem and you only have a mini-B cable available, you can try the |in pibe option. Test shows that it is possible to up-/download projects as long as latency (RTT on LinkManager) is below 200msec.